Sunday, October 24, 2010

Kid Capri at The Sabre Room



Believe it or not my family owns a big venue on the south side of Chicago called the Sabre Room.  It's been around for a long time as far as these places go.  For many decades The Sabre Room was one of the premier places to see a show in the Chicagoland area.  I've heard some pretty crazy stories about the jazz cats that used to play there. And crazy stories about getting harassed by the fuzz when "I'm trying to get Mr. SInatra back to his hotel room. But I am not sure where I'm going." Is not an acceptable answer to the question; "have you been drinking tonight Sir?"  

It just so happens that the Sabre Room is still pretty awesome. The art deco style of the building has been preserved over the years.  There's all sorts of crazy colors and textures to look at.  The sound bumps and the drinks are cheap! With the right programming the place would be jumping once again. 

You don't need to take my word for it though. Just peep the smiling faces on the dance floor when Kid Capri takes over the decks.  I think there's also some flicks of Chicago native N.E.P.H.E.W doing his thing.  Props to Big Taz and Off The Chain Productions for putting this shindig together.